Friday, February 15, 2013

Apollo 11

Today's post is from Ateil and Caitie....
Today we watched a movie about Apollo 11. It was about three brave astronauts who bravely left  Earth to travel all the way to the moon it took four days to reach the moon's surface. Michael Collins was the controller for the command module, Columbia. They were looking for the perfect spot to land the space-craft on the moon  and they landed safely. Neil Armstong was the first man to leave the space-craft. He slowly climbed down the ladder and took one step onto the moon. His first words were, " One small step for man. One giant leap for man-kind. " Today we imagined we were one of the astronauts writing a personal account of our journey.



Joe wrote: My heart skipped a beat as I was about to do what had never been done before. ..to walk on the moon. "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,"were the words I said. I heard a cheer from the control room and told "Buzz" how beautiful it was!

Lizzy wrote: I watch Neil step slowly out of the module. I feel my heart racing and wonder should I have come to the moon in the first place. I push myself and start to follow. If it wasn't for the bulky, uncomfortable space suit, I would be biting my nails!....I took my chance and held my breath. I ever so slowly stepped out into space. My foot touched the moon. Right away I felt happiness and freedom...

Amber wrote: My heart is thumping as I step into the capsule with Neil Armstrong and Michael Collins. I then take my seat and hear a boom and I can feel myself and the others being boostedup into the air....

Nic wrote: "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," I heard Neil say as I was about to climb down from the Eagle. My heart was thumping as I climbed down the ladder to meet Neil on the moon!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Seniors

    I really enjoyed your personal versions of what it must have felt like for the Apollo 11 astronauts. I look forward to reading more of your descriptive writing.

    Cheers

    Ms Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your personal accounts, of what it would have felt like to be an astronaut walking on the moon were great. They were so descriptive, that they enabled me to imagine what it must have been like for the astronauts. Keep up the good work.
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and commenting.Ms Scott and Cate your visits are much appreciated!

      Senior MY

      Delete
  3. To Senior MY,

    It was great to watch Apollo II. It was the first time for me to watch any of the Apollos movies and it was great. Ifound out alot from the little video and Neil Armstrong with famous words stepping onto the moon. "One giant step for man, One giant leap for mankind".
    Very famous words and also "The eagle has landed"
    It was a very interesting video.
    Well that is enough for now,
    But i will be commenting on more

    From Akon.M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Senior MY,

    I never knew so many things actually happened when Apollo 11 landed on the moon. I thought that Neil Armstrong just said the famous words 'One small step for man, One giant leap for mankind.' Looks like there is a lot more.

    I had never seen Apollo 11 landing on the moon so...it was pretty cool and I learnt a lot of things.

    From Carley

    ReplyDelete